Dr Richard Rogers hair transplant doctor
Dr Richard Rogers Hair Transplant doctor
Dr Richard Rogers Hair Transplant doctor – performing high quality, patient centred, hair transplant surgery since 1996.
Originally a GP with a special interest in Dermatology, he accidentally came across a hair transplantation advert for a national hair transplant clinic.
Initially, he only intended doing it for 6 months whilst studying his MRCP, but he found his forte and it’s now nearly 23 years since then and Dr Rogers has seen many changes in the science of hair loss, as well as hair transplant techniques.
Naturally artistic, he specialises in “natural” hairlines – those that appear to have the randomness, irregularity and angulation of real hair, rather than the “Action Man” look.
He is well known to have the experience and skill to improve previous hair transplants, whether punch graft repair or strip hair transplant scar repair. Not many surgeons have this skill nowadays, as many young doctors choose only to learn the less demanding skill of FUE and never learn how to perform the best strip (FUT) hair transplants.
Dr Rogers was one of the first, new generation of doctors to learn strip micrograft hair transplant surgery. This had replaced the more primitive technique of punch grafting only a few years previously. Since then, Dr Rogers’ career has mirrored the ever improving standards of modern hair transplantation, including leading the way in many areas and contributing worldwide to the state of the art knowledge.
Dr Rogers was the first to introduce FUE (follicular unit extraction) into the UK in 2003, as well as the trichophytic closure.
Dr Rogers complaints about FUE technicians, the hair transplant robot and the poor quality of many Turkish hair transplants, are well known.
He is also available as a hair transplant medico legal expert witness with training in clinical report writing from Bond Solon and consequently has been in much demand whenever an experienced, neutral hair transplant expert is required by solicitors to give an opinion on their cases.
- The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery ISHRS
- Fellow of The Trichological Society, Founding member TTS
- Vice President of the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons 2009
- Fellow Royal Society Public Health
- Diplomate Occupational Medicine
TV, radio and print media interviews
- Channel 4 “Bald”
- Notts TV
- Radio 2 – Chris Evans, Hair transplant expert 2010
- Simon Mayo, Hair expert 2011
- Radio 5Live, Worcester BBC radio
- Daily Mail
- The Telegraph
- The Sunday Times
- The Mirror
- History and state of the art hair transplantation, guest speaker SK:N 2016 conference
- The Slanticle – International Hair Forum Journal 2010
- Asymmetric Hair Loss – International Hair Forum Journal 2003
- Asymmetric Hair Loss – European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons, Zurich 2003
- Guest speaker TTS AGM – 2009, 2011
Training & Mentoring
Dr Rogers has mentored many new doctors to the speciality of har transplant surgery, as well as helping to set up their first clinics, which can be a daunting task. We run a hair transplant academy taster weekend for those who want to know more.
- Trainer for hair restoration – UK and International, both doctors and hair transplant technicians
- Dr Ted Miln
- Dr Kulvir Hundal
- Dr Kevin Macdonald
- Dr A Kemp – Aesthetic medicine
- Mr S Liggins – Prof Maxillo facial surgery
- Dr D Dhunna – Aesthetic medicine
- Dr J Goldstone – Aesthetic medicine
- Mr D Rejali – ENT surgeon
- Dr Anne Kremer ENT surgeon
- Dr Sotiris Fujiotsola – cosmetic surgeon
- Dr A Korien, Egypt
- Dr Akshay Batra, Mumbai, India
Over the years, Dr Rogers has been in demand by many clinics, such as Vinci Hair, Transform, FUE Clinics, Hair Transplant Surgeries and Dr Batra clinics, but has always preferred to be independent and performs hair transplants at Westminster Clinic, based in Harley St, London, UK.
Request a callback
What our patients say
All went well thank you.
No issues as of yet but then again I don’t expect any from the great service you and Dr Rogers provide
Hi, It’s taken me a while to leave a review and it’s a positive thing. My overall experience has been been exceptional, from consultationto the actual FUT procedure and now 11 weeks later results are showing , and I have hair growing through.
Dr Rogers and his team at the Westminster Clonic were friendly , informative and made me feel comfortable. The procedure was pain free. And it’s now looking like it was well worth while. So pleased. Thank you.
Please can you tell Dr Rogers am so very pleased with what he did for me last Friday.
I enclose a photo were my brother painstakingly and carefully blended in the cut at the sides and back with touching the top at all so not to disturb grafts under strict instructions
I have used a touch-up concealer for the sides to tone the grey and have taken MSN 4 a day and have growth there of grade 1 plus am off work till Monday.
Please show him and girls attached photo as you wouldn’t notice 😉 because it’s a professional job done Thanks to all!
Dear Dr Rogers,
Thank you again for taking me through the surgery yesterday, for your (and your staff’s) expert guidance, patience and diligence throughout the process. I’m hoping that the grafts were a good quality and the transplant a success. Only time will tell.