Covid Protected hair transplant clinic
Westminster clinic is a Covid protected hair transplant clinic in London.
As previously explained on the previous coronavirus news, a hair transplant clinic like ours, is already a low risk situation. We already have to be vigilant against much more serious diseases such as Hepatitis B and HIV although these are less easy to catch than Covid 19. In fact, once within our clinic, it should be a very safe space – it’s the travel to and from the clinic that is risky.
Once we are able to open again safely, then we will be adding the following to our guidelines. We do not understand how a few rogue clinics are still open, in contravention against our understanding of the law, ethics and morals.
- We will ask patients for a relevant COVID-19 history of their own health and their contacts and hope that patients provide accurate information.
- Follows social distancing guidelines by limiting contact of patients with one another – we only consult and operate on one patient at a time so this will not be a problem for us, unlike those “pile it high and sell it cheap” clinics.
- Uses suitable equipment/PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as recommended by the CQC.
- Routinely ask staff about their Covid history.
- In addition to using proper PPE, we use appropriate cleansing, disinfecting and sterilization procedures throughout the clinic. We use proper waste disposal methods for any materials that could be contaminated, which is what we and any reputable clinic should be doing.
- Advise patients of hand washing protocols in the clinic and how to change gloves, gown and masks.
- Can confirm that the staff have received additional training with regards to proper COVID-19 infection control methods.
- Most importantly, assure patients that Dr Rogers will continue to operate the highest levels of quality control